Question

Ring Central Questions

• 8 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi All, 

I have two issues:

(1) I want to give users access to the Call Recording in Salesforce when a New Call Recording is made in Ring Central but the Recording Audio shows up as a .txt file

• I have tried this by creating a Zap that when a New Call Recording is created to send an email with the Recording Audio as an attachment
  • I then have Email to Case setup which will turn the attachment into a record in Salesforce 

The email comes in the attachment is a txt file, and it needs to be an audio file or something. 

(2) I want a way to identify related SMS messages from RingCentral, so that in Salesforce they can be linked through related records. If there was a field from RingCentral like “Thread Id” or “ConversationID” I think there would be a way to link related SMS messages together in Salesforce, but I don’t see any field other than “ID” but I don’t believe that’s the field I’m looking for. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: This post was edited by a moderator to remove potential personal information from the images. Please be careful not to share private information as this is a public Community

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Brandon1107 Welcome to the Community! Let me see if I can help with these questions.

(1) I want to give users access to the Call Recording in Salesforce when a New Call Recording is made in Ring Central but the Recording Audio shows up as a .txt file

Have you tried sending the attachment directly to Salesforce, rather than via the Email to Case option? And if you look at the email in your inbox, does it show as a .txt file or an audio file?

(2) I want a way to identify related SMS messages from RingCentral, so that in Salesforce they can be linked through related records. If there was a field from RingCentral like “Thread Id” or “ConversationID” I think there would be a way to link related SMS messages together in Salesforce, but I don’t see any field other than “ID” but I don’t believe that’s the field I’m looking for. 

The ID field is the ID for that message, so I don’t think that there’s a way to directly link the threads. The closest thing that I can think would be to match the message to a contact in Salesforce via their phone number, and add the text as a note (or something similar) on the contact’s record. It doesn’t directly link conversations, but you would be able to see which messages came in and when.