Question

Ring Central auto responder help

• 14 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I followed exact instructions on setting up my zap with my ring central account.  I want an automated message to be sent to my clients.  However, when setting this up, it’s sending roughly 8 of my messages back to me.  Does anyone know how to fix this please.  I watched a video…  It seemed correct.  Please help  

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rorCPA 

If you can provide screenshots with redacted sensitive data points that will help.

Perhaps you need to add a Filter step (for SMS from your phone number or your RC phone number) to prevent an infinite loop: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

I am having the same exact issue.  I set-up the zap through the “Send RingCentral SMS messages with newly-received RingCentral SMS” workflow template found on the Zapier site.

I’m trying to set-up an automatic sms reply that I am away from the office.  When I enable the zap, my client gets the auto-reply but then I also get my same auto-reply and continue to get it on a continuous loop until I disable the zap.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a filter I need to add?  

Thanks,

Octavio

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get this resolved for quite some time.  I included the snap shots as requested.  I would prefer someone reach out to me ASAP regarding my issues. I would rather not post my account information and snap shots over a public forum.  info@rorcpa.com

Userlevel 1

Here is the snap shot of my zap.  What am I doing wrong?

Snapshot removed as it was an attachment of a document (ie not an image). Please attach screenshots as images and not in a document. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

This is the video.  I thought I followed it to a T.  And ring central is going hay wire resending same messages.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Imw6hM4kq8&ab_channel=BenjaminDean

Userlevel 1

Yes, I still need help.  I will send you snap shots now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rorCPA 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap is configured, thanks.

Please provide the link to the video you watched?