Best answer

Return a POST response back to a Catchhook destination

• 28 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am using Zapier as an intermediary to post an XML to a client's API/CRM. So the ZAP is comprised on two steps: 1) Catchhook from my Lead Management Software 2) POST to the client API.

Is there anyway of returning the response from the POST to my lead management software (catchhook)? 

I'm keen to see in my lead management software whether a lead has successfully reached my client API. At the moment i'm only seeing that it has successfully reached Zapier.

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 29 December 2019, 18:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@AdSw Zapier itself will not be able to respond directly to the original catchook with the response from a future step (POST). However @BowTieBots made a great suggestion where you could post the response from the POST to the client API back to the Lead Management Software with another step... if possible within the LMS.

Alternatively, Does Zapier need to be involved, or could you put the URL for the client API POST into the webhook value within the Lead Management Software?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@AdSw

1) What Lead Management Software are you using. Depending on their API you may be able to send another POST back with the response from step 2

2) What kind of response are you getting from your client API? 200OK or is their data returned as well? I'm thinking you could set up a Split step that checks for a successful POST