Question

Read from firebase real time database

• 30 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, this is my first time using Zapier and i’m trying to set up a checkout event by retrieving the price value that is stored in the real-time database and send it to stripe so it can handle the checkout. I have provided an example of an attempt that I tried. Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lildxve!

I’m not an expert in firebase, but if (price value) is an attribute of the item, then I would expect the Path is databasename/product/users/userid/prices/itemA and then child key is (pricevalue).

When you say that you’d like to send the information to Stripe, could you clarify what you mean there? You can use Zapier to create a price in Stripe, is that what you were hoping to do? 

Let us know how you get on with the firebase query and if you have any other questions :) 

I want to get the price that is stored in the real time database and send that to stripe so it can get the price and name of the service

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @lildxve, thanks for your reply!

Have you tried setting up the firebase path as I described above? Did that work for you?

Also, I hear that you want to send the price to Stripe, and I’d like to understand what you’re expecting to happen in Stripe. Are you trying to call the database real time (ie when someone makes a purchase) and then have the information sent to stripe as the purchase is happening? Or do you want to update the price in Stripe if/when it’s updated in firebase?

If you’d like to get the price from firebase as a transaction is happening and send it to Stripe so it can complete the transaction, that’s not possible, sorry about that. What you can do is to keep Stripe updated by updating the price of an item when it is updated in firebase. 

I hope that’s clear, let me know if you have any questions!