Best answer

Re: not added to subject, when using Gmail Reply action with HTML body

When using a Zap to automatically send a reminder to an email in Gmail, I would like to make visible in the subject that it’s a reply (Re:). This works when I choose plain body text, but doesn’t work when I choose for HTML body. How can I solve this?

The Zap is triggered by a change in Airtable, then searches for the old email in my sent items in Gmail, and then sends a reply to that message with Gmail. I use the ‘thread ID’ from the search step to make sure the action step is a reply to that particular message.

icon

Best answer by Rachael S 9 June 2022, 20:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Harold 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Gmail - Send Email

You can configure a custom Subject.

Otherwise, you may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Harold - thank you for coming into the Community with this question. 

Troy is correct, in the Send Email option you are able to configure a custom subject. That option is not currently available in the “Reply to” email action. 

I’ve added you to the current lists of folks requesting this feature. I don’t have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.

Userlevel 1

I do not think that is a good solution as in the background the reply is not in a thread and is then recognized as an answer to that email.

Either add the “Re:” automatically to the reply or let user decide, but that one is definitely not a solution.