Best answer

Pushed message from Slack only returns generic information

• 13 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a zap based on a given pushed Slack message.

It seems intuitive enough, but when I try to set it up, the information in the picture below comes up instead of my actual information. In Slack, when I push the message, it appears to go through as normal and gives me the confirmation in Slack, but it never shows up in my zap. Instead it gives me this information and will never find anything else when I push them. 

If the zap is turned on, it triggers everything else in the zap, but I can’t gather information from the pushed message itself. There are probably ways that I can move around this, but it seemed strange.

I did a search and didn’t find anything that seemed like a match. 

​​​Information passed to the zap, but not information that I sent.
icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 January 2023, 23:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@SumikoErik 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @SumikoErik - Thanks for the report. I wanted to ask if you could disconnect then reconnect your Slack account to try again? Also, would it be possible for you to let me know if you’re seeing any errors or clarify are you testing in #general or a different channel? And the channel in question, is it public or private? Providing as much detail as possible will help me narrow down the possible conflicts you’re seeing here.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Having the same exact issue. Removed and reconnected Slack from my connections but the problem persists. The channel is a private channel.

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Pushing from private or public channels. 

Disconnected then reconnected Slack did not help.
No errors are being shown.

Slack shows Message sent.

Clicking on Loan More shows:

We couldn’t find any more pushed messages.

Been trying to solve this for a week now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey there everyone,

Laura here, from the Zapier Support team! I wanted to let you know that this is a known issue we're working on. Right now, the New Pushed Message trigger does not pick a real sample, but it should work normally once it's turned on. We are working on it and as soon as we have news, we'll make sure to update the Community.

Thanks so much for bringing this up!

Userlevel 1

Hey there everyone,

Laura here, from the Zapier Support team! I wanted to let you know that this is a known issue we're working on. Right now, the New Pushed Message trigger does not pick a real sample, but it should work normally once it's turned on. We are working on it and as soon as we have news, we'll make sure to update the Community.

Thanks so much for bringing this up!

Thanks for helping, Laura! I just ran some more tests and, even though the information coming up in the Zapier interface was the dummy information, the links for the actual information getting pushed from the Slack message come through correctly.

But while we have you here……
What are the chances of adding fields to pushed slack messages, like the ones that are available in the Chrome widget?

Are there workarounds to get the permalink parameter given the Sample message does not update correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@alz You can use this to insert it into the editor:

{{60803707__message__permalink}}

Replace the 60803707 with the node ID for your New Pushed Message trigger and voila :)

There’s another way to do it if this doesn’t work for you. Just tag me in a response and I can let you know what that is :)

And @SumikoErik are you referring to Push by Zapier, where you create your own fields? And you’d like to see that capability added to the Slack trigger? Just want to make sure we’re on the same page in terms of the feature you’d like to see.

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard I tried your solution but for some reason it just doesn’t work. I checked the zaps and there is clearly information for the “permalink: ” section coming from Slack, but when it gets sent to the excel sheet it doesn’t appear (see below). You said there is another way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends 👋🏽 I wanted to swing by and let ya’ll know this bug was recently closed! 

The “New Pushed Message” trigger still pulls sample data (ie: it won’t pull live samples from Slack) while testing however we did add permalinkraw_text, and ts_time fields to the sample.

Of course if you have any questions or you’re still running into errors please don’t hesitate to let us know in the community or open a ticket with my teammates in support.

Thanks for your patience and happy zapping! ⚡️