Best answer

Facebook Admin page posts to the group, but it appears in my name instead of the page name.

Userlevel 2

Hi guys!

I have created a zap to create a post on a facebook group once there is a new post on a facebook page.

This page has the admin rights on the group, but the post on the group is shown in my name, while it should be in the name of the page.

Any guess?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

57 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @axel2100 

I have a feeling that because the Facebook Groups connecting is Zapier is authed via your personal account, that it might not be possible to use Zapier to poste in a group as a page.

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Andrew!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @axel2100 - Thank you for the question! I just tried this on my own Facebook and it’s not possible for me to post in a Group as a Page (even one that I own/manage). It shows that I can post as myself only. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your feedback @steph.n ! Keen to see if the support has a tweak for this or will put it on the roadmap. Can be really interesting from a business / company perspective.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue. Would love a solution. Thank you.

Userlevel 1

I would really love this, too!  Would be ideal to post on our company group page as the company page instead of my personal user!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @axel2100, @LadyRebecca and @julie!

I just wanted to confirm that this is a feature request that we have for the Facebook Groups Zapier integration and you’re all now added as interested users. That means that you’ll get an email from us if we have an update. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers Can i please get added to that list as well? I’m really looking forward to that feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@PPP you have been added as well!

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts I would really love to get on this too!! I’m currently running a facebook group for my school and really don’t want my personal facebook account to be showing up. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I am interested on the solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LACS & @sagoon - you have both been added to this request and will receive any updates via email!

Also very interested in this! Please add me to the list to be updated as this will be a HUGE help for my biz! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @budgetsavvybride I’ve added you to the feature request, thanks!

Its been about 7 months.  Is this feature going to get created?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Kartraguy -  Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. Since we added your your upvote, I was able to add some weight to the issue! 

I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer here. Thank you for your patience and we will send you an email if there are any updates!

Hi, can I get added to the email list as well? It would be really helpful for me to have to feature!

Please add me to this too. This would be a great feature to have!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AS_ES and @Jackson Thomson!

I’ve added you both to the feature request as well, so you’ll be notified via email when it gets implemented :)

Hi! Can I also be added to be notified if this feature is added? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @teamerin!

I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. When it’s been implemented you’ll be notified via email :)

Userlevel 1

add me too.  Important feature for professional presence on FB.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would love to see this added as well! count me in, please. It would be very helpful for our business page and our groups so that I don’t have to have constant posts from my personal FB account

Userlevel 1
Badge

@maninoveralls @JohnOM You've been added to the report!

Userlevel 1

Count me in also! This would be a great feature!