Best answer

Possible to trigger off of Instagram liked or saved post?

• 10 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I would love to be able to have any Instagram post I *save* be auto-pinned to a Pinterest board of mine.

However, I only see Instagram Zaps that are triggered from new content I’d post. Anyone else have experience with what I’m trying to achieve?

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 May 2020, 03:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Any update on this? Can you go more in-depth how you would use the github files to achieve this?

Hey! @DrumsetDan13 It’s a technical solution for sure. You would need to be or hire a developer before tackling it.

I’d be happy to help here if you are looking to hire someone to build a solution for you. You can email me here: ****@****l.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DrumsetDan13! I’ll be honest — at the moment there aren’t a lot of people who’ve requested this, so it’s not a terribly high priority in terms of features to add.

As for the GitHub solution, if checking out the readme file doesn’t clarify things, then it’s not likely something you’d be able to pursue without the help of someone with more dev experience. Maybe @andywingrave can elaborate on that, since he’d originally mentioned it?

Any update on this? Can you go more in-depth how you would use the github files to achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cobaline! Looks like you’ve got a couple of suggestions from our Experts above:

You can’t do it directly with Zapier - but I wonder if there are any bookmarking-style apps where you could save the post to that, then trigger a zap? Pocket maybe?

I found this repo which might help too, if you want to fetch them with a webhook:

https://github.com/pietrocaselani/Instagram-Saved-Posts

We’ve also got a couple of feature requests that I have added you to:

• New Saved Post
  • New Media That I Like

If those get added you’ll be notified via email :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found this repo which might help too, if you want to fetch them with a webhook:

https://github.com/pietrocaselani/Instagram-Saved-Posts

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can’t do it directly with Zapier - but I wonder if there are any bookmarking-style apps where you could save the post to that, then trigger a zap? Pocket maybe?