Question

Place outbound calls via Twilio that get forwarded?

• 9 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello! I’m trying to place outbound calls from my Facebook lead ads.

I found the option to place a call with the Twilio integration, but as far as I can tell that’s just to read a message to the number being called.

What I’m trying to do is place an outbound call to my new lead, then when they answer they hear a “Hello! This is _____. We have a live agent waiting to help you. Please press 1 to be connected.”

Then I’d like the caller to be able to press 1, which forwards them to the number of the agent.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jadecomputer 

Check out Twilio Studio: https://www.twilio.com/docs/studio

Hi @Troy Tessalone

I am doing the same thing as @jadecomputer  but even after configuring the Twilio Studio Flow, the Zap ends after saying the message. How do I connect the Studio flow I created to my Zap?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jjhayar01 

Please clarify your Zap steps that are being used with screenshots, thanks.

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Sure. It is basically the same with  @jadecomputer. When a Facebook Lead gets to my Ad, i connect them with Twilio via Zap, Action is to Call Phone and Say a message. Asking them to Press 1 to be connected to an Agent. After the message is said during call, the call ends. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jjhayar01

You need to use this Twilio Studio Flow to as the trigger: REST API

Click the (?) to learn more.

In the Zap instead of the Twilio Call Phone step, you’d use a Webhook POST request: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jjhayar01 

I’m gonna put together another topic with a how to guide for triggering a Twilio Studio Flow via a Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jjhayar01 

Check out this related topic:

@jjhayar01

Check out this related topic:

Thanks @Troy Tessalone