Best answer

How can I send a personalized email from HubSpot when a customer pays through PayPal?

Hiya!

A client wants to sell a course online. They have HubSpot, but not the Marketing subscription (still a paid version) and don't have 'Workflows', so I'm trying to work around this.

The sequence briefly is:

• Folks click a PayPal button to pay for the course
  • PayPal sends them a receipt
  • Their details are automatically captured in HubSpot
  • This triggers a separate email to the purchaser from HubSpot (this will have a personalise message, with a link to a Welcome page on the website etc).

What I can't work out from the Zap is whether or not the PayPal trigger to HubSpot will send that personalised email out of HubSpot. We don’t want that email coming from PayPal.

Thanks
Beaconworth

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Beaconworth 

You can Trigger a Zap for every new sale that happens in Paypal.For Hubspot app,I couldnt find any Action like Send an Email directly through Zapier.

However,you can create a Contact inside Hubspot.But not sure if you can trigger an email once a Contact is Created inside Hubspot as you are saying that your existing paid plan doesn’t allow workflows.

Hi @Satya09 the important bit is the extra email that needs to be triggered out of HubSpot. Thank you for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Beaconworth to confirm what @Satya09 said, there isn’t currently an action in Zapier that can help with sending this through HubSpot. 🙁

It does look like we have an open feature request to support transactional email: https://www.hubspot.com/products/email/transactional-email. Would this be what you’re looking for? If so, let me know and I would be happy to add your vote for this request!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends, I wanted to pop in and summarize some of the recommendations here.

Hello @Beaconworth 

You can Trigger a Zap for every new sale that happens in Paypal.For Hubspot app,I couldnt find any Action like Send an Email directly through Zapier.

However,you can create a Contact inside Hubspot.But not sure if you can trigger an email once a Contact is Created inside Hubspot as you are saying that your existing paid plan doesn’t allow workflows.

If anyone following along is specifically looking for transactional emails as part of this process, feel free to comment below! While this isn’t currently supported by HubSpot we’re happy to add you to the related feature request. 🙂

I hope this helps! 

Hi @Satya09 thank you for your reply - I found a work-around. Cheers, Sharyn 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s awesome, @Beaconworth!  When you get a moment, would you be open to sharing your workaround with the Community? We’d love to know how you were able to get this sorted! 🤗