Best answer

Paths for Duplicate Bookings - Updating Existing Rows instead of creating a new one

• 2 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I am trying to create a zap between OnceHub and Google Sheets.

I have a simple zap that pulls all booking data into the Google Sheet. What I’m trying to figure out is how can I modify this zap (or create a new one) to address duplicate bookings in succession or after a few days interval.

For instance, if someone books once, realize they made a mistake with an entry and books again right after, my zap creates two rows. In this case, I’d like to add a condition that’ll update the existing row by looking up the email.

Another instance is if someone books, cancels and then books again a week later. I want the existing booking row to update with the new booking information instead of creating a new row.

I have this zap. It will updating rows for the above 2 instances. Problem is, it’s also creating a new row simultaneously. 

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 December 2022, 19:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jahan 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: OnceHub - Booking Scheduled
  2. Action: Formatter
  3. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row (else Create Row)
    1. There is a checkbox to create a new row if no match is found
  4. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Map the Row ID from the previous step

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Jahan - checking in to see how you’re coming along with your Zap this week? Let us know if you need anything else, we want to make sure you’re all set up! 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 1

Tony, 

Thank you so much for your response. I updated my Zap using your instructions and it’s working flawlessly.

Rachael, 

Thank you for checking in :) It’s going great this week.

Thanks again, guys.

Jahan