Question

My parsed data comes across in a single cell, not parsed into individual columns in Google Sheets.

• 1 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m using Zapier Parser to extract data from emails and send to Google Sheets (adding a new row for each email).

However, the parsed data comes across in a single cell, not parsed into individual columns (Name, item ordered, quantity, total, email, phone, etc). There doesn’t seem to be any delimiters, either. And if there would, I would still like to eliminate the additional step of having to parse them once again once in the spreadsheet. 

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @T2IV 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context.

Make sure to review the available help article for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @T2IV sorry for the trouble here! Sometimes this can happened based on either how your Zap is configured or how your email is parsed. As Troy mentioned, it would be great to see a screenshot of how you have your Google Sheets action set up but it would be great to see the data returned when testing your Parser trigger as well.

Keep us posted - we’d love to help get this resolved for you!

Thanks for your response -- it is much appreciated!

I’ve given up on the project as Gmail doesn’t seem to be able to filter out the appropriate emails to forward to Zapier email. Gmail tags them perfectly, but fails when forwarding them, forwards them inconsistently, and/or forwards other emails that don’t apply -- not a Zapier issue but a Gmail issue.

When testing, the sample emails forwarded to Zapier email work great, and I finally figured out how to parse them properly (without an additional step) so that part works as well, but again seems to only work when testing, and not when published.

This is for a non-profit group with which I assist -- but I’ve just run out of time (and patience with Gmail). There’s a workaround, so that’s my Plan B.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know @T2IV and best of luck with your project!