Best answer

Not able upload videos to youtube from RSS feeds - "Media type 'text/plain' is not supported"

• 1 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

i am trying to upload videos to youtube through rss video feeds. But i was facing some issue that it says “ 

The app returned "Media type 'text/plain' is not supported.".

can anyone suggest me best way to upload videos from rss feeds to youtube 

thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 23 July 2021, 16:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone that’s running into this same error to recommend checking the value that’s been added into the Video field is correct. You’d want to ensure it’s either a publicly-accessible link to the video or file object from a previous step. 

Looking at the screenshot referenced previously, it appears that the Video field contained text instead of a publicly-accessible link or file object:
8cbd4e551a261dc123837d1b7551df05.png

You can find out more about how to use Zaps to send files between different apps in the following guide here: Send files in Zaps :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @uma

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap step is configured.

Based on the returned error it appears you don’t have the correct data point mapped to the file field.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

This is the screenshot of problem I am facing

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@uma 

Are you able to provide screenshots of how your Zap step is configured with the data points mapped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@uma 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?