Best answer

New attendees in eventbrite no longer triggering?

• 25 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an eventbrite account, and for several years have used zapier for some automations that happen when we get a new attendee.

For our most recent event: It seems like the addition of a new attendee no longer results in a trigger. I have no idea what is up. 

Has anyone as this problem? Any insights into what might be going on? Has something changed in how eventbrite and zapier communicate? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 March 2024, 15:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MishaGlouberman 

Check this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-eventbrite

If the issues persists, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

I  found that link before posting here. I am pretty sure the problem is not one of the problems listed there. 

It’s very myserious to me: Zaps that used to work (and have been running for a few years) seem to have stopped working. I tried a few tests, creating new dummy events, copied from my old events: Zapier can “see” them and can connect when I create the zaps, but when I add attendees, zapier does not seem to trigger.

I wonder if it might be related to this recent problem reported on twitter?

Userlevel 1

Oh, also: I submitted a support ticket. The support site said it might take 48 hours for an initial reply. I’m really hoping I can resolve this sooner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MishaGlouberman,

Some of the Zapier Apps connections are experiencing issues right now, so I assume that it’ll be resolved soon and you’ll have the system running as before. 

However, if it’s not resolved, you can set up a webhook connection to Zapier from Eventbrite. So that every time a new attendee checks in, a webhook event notification will be sent to Zapier. The documentation can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/docs/webhooks

Userlevel 1

Zapier have confirmed that there is a know problem with delays with triggers on eventbrite. (My triggers, which are supposed to be instant, took as long at 10 hours). It is not clear to me if this is related to the problems mentioned on twitter. They are working on in. I’m a little frustrated that this was not announced somewhere public and clear: I spent a long time troubleshooting this, which in retrospect feels like wasted time… Fingers crossed it gets sorted out soon. 

This is happening to me as well.  I updated all my connections and remade my Zaps; old and new. No change! Any status update? I have an event in a few days and have to decide if I should change to manual registration. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to pop in here as noticed our Support team also added @pauser to the bug report for these intermittent delays with Eventbrite triggers. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as the issue has been fully resolved.

We’ll also post an update here when it’s been fixed, so please keep an eye on this thread for any future updates!

If you’re unsure whether you are also running into this same issue, please reach out to our Support team using the Get Help form. They’ll be able to dig into your Zaps to confirm whether you’re running into the same issue and add you to the bug report! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just following up to share that the bug report has been recently closed. If you continue to experience intermittent delays with Eventbrite triggers though please do let us know in the Community or get in touch with the Support team directly

In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡