Best answer

Make check-in from Eventbrite increase a counter in excel/sharepoint/gsheet

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We run weekly events and I need to record the amount of visits. We are currently using Eventbrite and excel or gsheet would be the logical choice.

Is it possible to create a zap that on check-in will reference the name in an existing spreadsheet located on either sharepoint\onedrive and increase the “visited” row by 1?

Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 19 July 2022, 21:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Paukl! Thanks so much for reaching out. 🙂

Hmm, since we don’t currently offer a Sharepoint app and OneDrive wouldn’t support this workflow it sounds like the only way this would work is if you’re using Google Sheets or Excel.

A rough outline might look something like this though:

1. Eventbrite - New Attendee Check-In trigger
  2. Google/Excel Sheets - Find Row (search on name of event or row which includes # of visits)
  3. Formatter - Perform math operation action (take # of visits from previous step + 1)
  4. Google/Excel Sheets - Update Row (update # of visits from output of Formatter step)

I hope this is helpful! Keep us posted how this works out for you! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Christina. I will give it a shot.

Thanks again

Paul

Userlevel 1

Struggling to use this with excel.

Because Eventbrite saves First Name and Last Name, last name seems like the best column to lookup in excel. We have family members attending so there will be multiple exact last names. I can’t seem to find a way to lookup multiple columns. 

In its current format, Find Row simply finds the first matching row.

How can I perform an AND operation and lookup two columns to match Eventbrites First Name, Last Name fields.

Due to having no control over Eventbrite I have no other alternative for a unique identifier and ensuring the correct persons attendance counter is being updates.

Any help would be much appreciated

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Paukl!

The Excel Find Row action only lets you search by one column, so I don’t think you’ll be able to do what you need using that. If you’re able to switch to Google Sheets, that allows you to search using two columns:

That would allow you to look up attendees based on a first and second name. Would that work for you? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

This worked perfectly for me. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay, @Paukl! So glad you were able to get this sorted! Thanks for keeping us updated on your success.

I’ll pop the ultimate solution below in case it’s helpful to anyone following along. 🙂:

...we don’t currently offer a Sharepoint app and OneDrive wouldn’t support this workflow it sounds like the only way this would work is if you’re using Google Sheets or Excel.

A rough outline might look something like this though:

1. Eventbrite - New Attendee Check-In trigger
  2. Google Sheets - Find Row (search on name of event or row which includes # of visits)
  3. Formatter - Perform math operation action (take # of visits from previous step + 1)
  4. Google Sheets - Update Row (update # of visits from output of Formatter step)

The Excel Find Row action only lets you search by one column, so I don’t think you’ll be able to do what you need using that. If you’re able to switch to Google Sheets, that allows you to search using two columns:

That would allow you to look up attendees based on a first and second name.