Best answer

Linking a WordPress form to a Salesforce custom object

• 22 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Can this be done? If so, how?

I can’t find any information on this, so any guidance would be most helpful.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 March 2023, 00:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Just managed to get some time to test this. Yes, it worked. It seemed to be a WordPress account problem. It didn’t like the new one I set up but worked on an existing one.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @NiceButTim,

Doing a quick follow-up to see if my colleagues’ suggestions worked. If so, please keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @NiceButTim - thanks for sharing that! Ah, WordPress - can sometimes be a bit of beast. 🙂

I’d recommend taking a look through this help doc on how to properly setup WordPress. There’s a few extra steps in addition to installing the plugin that I just want to make sure we’re covering first. 

If you’ve already walked through that, turned on your zap, and it still isn’t triggering it might be worth, reviewing the zap history to see if anything is even triggering or if it is it’s hitting an error that may give us more to go off.

And finally here’s some help docs on some more common WordPress questions that come up. It doesn’t sound like you’ve come across any of these yet but may be handy to have just in case.

Keep us posted! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @NiceButTim. Welcome to the Community!

How are you wanting to link the WordPress form to a custom object in Salesforce exactly? Is it that you’re wanting to create new custom objects in Salesforce when a form is submitted in WordPress?

If so, you could potentially set up a Zap with the following triggers and actions to achieve that:

• Trigger: New Post (WordPress) - triggers when the new submission posts are added 
  • Action: Create Record (Saleforce) - creates a custom object in Salesforce using information from the form submission

This is assuming that your form submissions are a custom post type that would be available to select here, or are they generated by a plugin like WPForms for example?

If that’s not what you’re looking to do here can you give us some more details/requirements for the desired workflow? That’ll help to give us folks in the Community here a bit more context on what you’re hoping to achieve so we can give better suggestions. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I’m helping a charity that has a WordPress website. They have 4 forms on the site built using Divi. I have set up Salesforce for them with a number of custom objects that will enable them to process the forms. Currently they receive an email every time a form is completed and they then paste the form data from the email into the custom objects. 

What I am trying to achieve is to have that form data create a new record in the custom objects. I have found a forms package called Formidable Forms that connects directly to Salesforce but it is rather pricy for the charity. So I’m looking for a cheaper way to do it, without having to write my own WordPress plugin.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I look forward to a cup of tea and a lot of reading! I’ll let you know how it goes...

Many thanks..

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @NiceButTim 👋-

What do you think of using this as an action? 

Based off what you’ve described, I believe this or possibly Add File To Record would work for your use case if the forms are submitted as a file. What are your thoughts on this, am I along the right track? If not, can you please provide some additional clarifying details on what you are hoping to accomplish. Happy to come back and work this out some more! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi again @NiceButTim,

I’m glad to know that the suggestions of my colleagues worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are always happy to help!

Thanks! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I think this solution is close. I’m actually always adding a new record, but I think I can work that out now. The bit I’m still confused about is at the WordPress end. At the moment the form sends an email. I put in the WordPress Zapier plugin which is supposed to fire when a new post is created but I don’t seem to get anything. If I can crack that I think your solution is a good one.

Many thanks.