Question

Line itemizer from row to column

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Expert, 

i have a zap connect google sheet and quickbooks. by using the information from google sheet row and create product/service in quickbooks

And i use the action “Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support)”, and the output with test and view is good for me 

however, when i try to create the product in quickbooks, i cant not find the by column value but just return the “rows” with a long strings, like below, make i know how to create the item itemizer by row??

thanks!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@louis kwok 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @louis kwok!

When you use that search — Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support) — what is returned will be in line item format. That means you could create multiple items on an invoice, for example (assuming it supports line items). So in your screenshot if you had name, price and SKU it could like this:

Name: Product A, Product B, Product C
Price: $10.50, $12.75, $20.25
SKU: 16892, 67289, 09256

It would create 3 line items:

1. Product A, $10.50, 16892
2. Product B, $12.75, 67289
3. Product C, $20.25, 09256

If you’re looking to create one product for each of those rows you find, you could try Looping by Zapier (in public beta). This will take the line items returned by your search step and create one product for each one.

Can you give that a shot to see if you can get that working :)