Question

How can I automatically chose the specific completed form and lead from Jotform to Close?

• 24 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there.  We use Close as our CRM.   If in the process of a phone call the customer wants to book an order, they can click a link to a booking form made in Jotform (you can’t create a form in Close that’s downloadable or sharable, so we created one there).  

Once the Sales Rep clicks the Jotform Link -- it takes them to the form that they can then fill out while speaking to the customer.   Once the form is finished, it is submitted (and stored in Google Drive).

What I’m hoping for is a way to Zap the completed form back into the lead page on Close….

I’ve been able to zap a specific form into the specific lead as a “NOTE” -- but I have to chose each specific completed form and specific lead.   I’d like to be able to have it happen automatically.  

Not sure if it’s better to take the submission forms in Google sheets and zap it to Close OR is there a way to zap it when submitted back to the specific lead it belongs.

I’m guessing the best way is to use the client phone number (or other unique data point - like an email) to find it’s way to the correct lead in their database.

Hope this make sense.   Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bahloo2000

You can map variables between the Zap steps.

You’d map the phone number from Step 1 to the Phone field in Step 2 using the ‘Custom’ option.

Then test.

Okay -- so here’s where we are.  Since we are already integrating Jotform with Google Sheets to store submission info, I’m good on that front.  So, now we are trying to connect the Google Sheets submission form created from the Jotform submission to Close.  We are triggering the zap when a new submission arrives, and I used the “find lead in close” action -- but it’s asking for specific data (phone number) to ID the lead.

Ideally, what we want to do is to match up the “phone” entry on the form to the “phone” listed under each lead in Close so that each form will find it’s way back to its specific lead.

It appears it wants a specific phone number (vs pulling it from the form) -- for the zap.  VS each unique phone number entered from each form submission. 

is this possible?  Thanks again!​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bahloo2000 

Good question.

Try adding a Zap step: Close - Find Lead

For clarity and context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error, thanks.