Question

How do I integrate Google Forms with OpenAI for real-time grammar correction?

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Everyone,

I am a complete novice with Zapier and I would like to know if Zapier will allow me to achieve what I am trying to do.

Use case: I want to creat a Google Form that will allow a person to input text and then for openai to correct the grammar of the user inputed text in the form. I want the grammar correction to appear in a new field in the form while the user is still on the form (like a chatbot). Then, I want the user text and the openai corrected text to be sent to an email address and/or saved as a Google Form response. 

I have no idea if this is possible or how I would do this using Zapier. I created a Zap, but the form does nothing and I am obviously missing some basic understanding of how to make this work in Zapier.

Thanks in advance for any help!

All the best,

David

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dalza 

Using Google form, it’s not gonna be possible as Google form is just a form tool and doesn’t have any  programmatic function available, you can’t create fields that auto updates. You an try with Jotform, that has programmatic fields support, but you’d be better off using a custom JS/HTML/CSS app.

Userlevel 1

Hi Robschmidt,

Thank you for your response to my question. So it seems that my idea is just technically impossible with Google forms. I will take a look at Jotform. Thanks again.

All the best,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @dalza 👋 -

Google Forms is a breeze to use, but I find Jotform to be just as useful in certain cases. Take a look around the integration options have with Jotform and OpenAi. If you have any questions, feel free to pop back over and we’ll see what we can do!