Question

Is there a way to not complete the zap when no action required?

• 25 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have developed a private integration for my own software. I am using this to connect it with a CRM for real estate agents. Everything is working but I have a question.

I have a workflow when an estate updates in the CRM the estate also updates in my own software. In this API call I have a check that if the estate does not yet exist then do NOTHING. But the Zap still counts as success while nothing has happenend at my end.

Is there anyway to not complete the zap when nothing needs to happen?

I hope you understand my question! Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Movely,

If I understand correctly, you are wanting the zap to follow in an ordered process such as A->B->C, but stop before C if nothing needs to be done? If this is the cause this is not possible. When your zap counts it as a success, it is really referring to your automation that you have setup. Success means that your Zap went through all the steps correctly without error. On the other hand, if your Zap were to not complete when nothing is needed to happen then it was be viewed as timed-out which would throw an error.

I hope shedding some light on how Zapier works behind the scenes has helped!

GetUWired

Hi @Movely,

If I understand correctly, you are wanting the zap to follow in an ordered process such as A->B->C, but stop before C if nothing needs to be done? If this is the cause this is not possible. When your zap counts it as a success, it is really referring to your automation that you have setup. Success means that your Zap went through all the steps correctly without error. On the other hand, if your Zap were to not complete when nothing is needed to happen then it was be viewed as timed-out which would throw an error.

I hope shedding some light on how Zapier works behind the scenes has helped!

GetUWired

Hmm I see. So regardless if the Zap has done something the Zap always completes and counts as a used Zap in my account.