Best answer

Is there a way to differentiate between Clio users in a trigger?

Badge

Is there a way to differentiate between Clio users in a trigger -- Zap triggered by creating calendar event, for example, but only continues if event was created by user A?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 May 2022, 14:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JLO!

Looking at the information that comes in with the Clio triggers, we don’t get user from the New Calendar Event trigger. There is a calendar field, so if it’s for a specific calendar you could use that. An alternative solution would be to ask users to include something in the description of the event that signals who they are. For example, if I want to copy an event from my personal calendar to my work calendar I add ‘wc’ to the description and filter on that so that any events with ‘wc’ in the description are added to my work calendar. Could you do something similar with different users?

Badge

Troy, 

If there is, I can’t figure it out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JLO 

Good question.

If there is a data point returned from the Zap trigger that indicates the User (maybe a User ID), then you can use a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help