Best answer

Is there a way to adjust my Zap to ingest the “Tomorrow” date format from Trello into Coda?

• 14 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I have a Zap that pulls data from Trello cards and imports the into a Coda table. One of those pieces of data is a date. The Zap works perfectly, except I’ve discovered that in Trello if you choose the next day as your date, Trello formats it as “tomorrow,” as opposed to 9/15/2022, like it does for other days. 

When that happens, the date is not transferring to Coda and, sometimes, nothing transfers when the Zap runs. I do not believe I can get Trello to not list dates that way. Can anyone think of way to adjust my zap to ingest “Tomorrow” into Coda? 

Thanks in advance.  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 September 2022, 17:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Aaron Sheinin 

Good question.

Try using a Zap Formatter > Dates / Times > Add/Subtract Time step in your Zap.

Userlevel 1

Troy, thanks so much for the response. I have to admit this is my first Zap. So this would be an additional step? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Aaron Sheinin 

Yes, the Formatter step would be another step in the Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Try using a Zap Formatter > Dates / Times > Add/Subtract Time step in your Zap.

Hey @Aaron Sheinin! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this rolling? 🤗

Troy’s recommendations is spot on! The formatter step would be sandwiched between the trigger and action step. Here’s another resource in case it’s helpful:

Let us know how this works out for you! 

Userlevel 1

@christina.d, thank you! I am still working on it, I’ll admit. My first attempt wasn’t successful but I plan to try again later this morning. I’ll let you know and provide some screen grabs this time. 

Userlevel 1

@christina.d@Troy Tessalone I’m afraid I’m still running into trouble. Here is a look at the Trello card entry. As you can see, when you select the next day as the publish date in Trello, Trello formats it as saying “tomorrow.” 

Here is the format step I created in the Zap: 

I chose the X From Format because the others didn’t seem to make sense. When I run the Zap, the date field in Coda remains blank. Any ideas? 

And I really appreciate your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Aaron Sheinin 

The example data from Trello in the Zap trigger step has “No data” for the mapped variable.

Try changing your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

@christina.d @Troy Tessalone Huzzah! That seems to have worked y’all. Thank you so much!