Question

How do I create a PDF of the invoice, name the file with customized formatting, and email the corrected PDF file to MS Office 365?

• 8 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m looking to automate the monthly retrieval of invoices made on my purchasing card and could use advice on how to set up something like:

Trigger: Invoice is created

Next Action: Create a pdf of the invoice and name the file with customized formatting

Next Action: Email the correctly named pdf to my Office 365 account

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @csteigle! Thanks so much for reaching out! That’s a great question and we definitely want to help.

Let’s start with which apps are you using for this workflow? 🙂 That’ll give us a good jumping off point! From there I might recommend poking around in the app directory to see 

1. If Zapier offers the apps
  2. If the triggers/action you’re looking for are an option

Sometimes it helps to think of the zap in terms of "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app."

For your first action, if the doc isn’t already formatted as a PDF, there’s an app called Cloud Converter that you can check out that will convert it for you.

Your second action will depend on your email provider but there is a “Send Email” Office 365 action.

I hope some of this helps! Keep us posted with your progress!