Best answer

Insert local Date/Time adjusted for Standard or Daylight Savings time?

• 17 April 2020
  • 1 reply

I am creating a Google Calendar event based on a Harvest timekeeping event. For the Google Calendar Event Start Time need to take the current time and subtract the length of the timekeeping event.

The problem is to allow for the seasonal change of daily light savings time. Zapier has two variables one for Standard Time and one for Daylight Savings Time. I’d like to not have to change variable twice a year depending if we are in Daylight Savings or Standard time?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 21 April 2020, 15:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JBMilan ,

Thanks for reaching out- great question!

After circling with the team, it seems the best way to do this- outside of using an API that can give you that info- is to create 2 different Zaps (one for daylight savings time and one for standard) and create Schedule-triggered Zaps that will turn off/on the appropriate one.

This would still have to change every year but this way you’re not adding the extra steps that have to be done each time the Zap runs, to see the date and if it is DST. 

I know that’s not ideal but please let us know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help!