Best answer

How to Zap Salesforce Opportunity Stage Change to Slack Message

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I want to create a Zap for whenever ANY opportunity in Salesforce changes stage the Zap will send an automated message to a Slack channel. The message should contain the information such as, “Opportunity XYZ changed stage to ‘insert stage name’”. 

Can this be done? If so what steps should I follow? 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 July 2022, 02:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@KMEC just coming in here with another suggestion! It looks like the “Updated Record” trigger can be used to capture updates on “Opportunity” records. From there, you can utilize a Slack “Send Channel Message” action to create the workflow you’re after here. 🙂

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KMEC!

I took a look at the available trigger for the Salesforce app, and it doesn’t look like Opportunity Updated is one of them, unfortunately.

One thing you could look into is the New Outbound Message trigger:

You can read more about that here (using workflow rules) and here (using flow). It’s been a little while since I played around with this one, but I do remember that it can be tricky to get it right.

That’s where I’d suggest starting, to see if you can get your desired workflow going!