Question

How to send only one email with all the newly uploaded attachments when uploading more than one file?

• 8 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

Once a pdf is uploaded into google drive, I’m trying to send a gmail with that very attachment, not a link. Please be so kind and assist.

Thank you,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KarlaRome 

You could try setting up a zap like the following

Trigger: New File in Google Drive

Action: Send email with Gmail

There is an input field for attachments on the Gmail action and you will have a field from the trigger labeled ‘File’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @KarlaRome! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this rolling?

Keep us posted! We’d love to know! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That would be a bit more difficult to do without any code. I believe the send email in Gmail step may have a limit but how many attachments are you trying to include? How often does an email need get sent and is there anything that relates one file in Google drive to another?

@GetUWired 

Thanks for the info! It worked, but when uploading more than 1 file, the end user receives one email per each attachment. Would you know how to send only 1 email with all the newly uploaded attachments? I tried looking for a middle step to zip all the new files in an archive and send the archive, but maybe there is a better way.

Thank you in advance!