Question

How to map Chatra custom fields data?

• 24 March 2023
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Anybody familiar with Chatra integration? So when I pull in sample data to map fields, it’s not pulling in anything live. It literally uses sample data that Chatra comes with (literally Jane Doe info as opposed to real people who have chatted with us).

I have a custom pre-chat form with a few fields like first name, email, etc. Basic stuff. However, I can’t find these fields in the default options. So how do I get them to map correctly? I’m pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. It can’t be this difficult.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jmagro2011 

Good question.

Try testing the Zap, then pull thru new trigger examples:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

One thing to try is to configure the Zap as best you can, turn it on and test, the check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

This will help you determine if the custom fields are supported. (Some apps don’t support custom fields.)

If they are, but not available to map between steps in the Zap editor then you can use an approach to manually create the variable like this {{1235__ID}} to them map in the Zap.