Question

How to know what to pick at each step?

• 24 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok, noob question I’m sure. So I have my email from my site linked with IMAP (Chris@site.com) I also have Active Campaign for my buyers list and Follow up Boss. I am trying to get it so when someone opts-in on my site, it grabs the email, phone, name mainly from the IMAP email then zaps over to AC then from AC to FUB, then into my email automation drip. 

Issue I have is, I have no idea what to select when making the zap, I feel like it will take many wasted hours just experimenting all the different items in the drop down menus. Seems like a huge waste of time trying to figure it all out, when a 5-10 minute phone call would make this happen. There is no phone number to call Zapier  to get this all worked out? I couldn’t find one, only an email support system..  There has to be another way to do this? Seems overwhelming when learning this stuff. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Chris_D , 

You can view a simple tutorial on how to make your first zap here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=3S1yzf9FDnk&feature=emb_title

In this case the trigger would be your IMAP email and your action in active campaign would be “Create/Update Contact”. 

Then you could add a third step which would make your zap a multi-step zap. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 1

That video has none of the items I have in my drop down menus. No idea which to pick without experimenting with all the different drop downs. After the new contact thing its all different. I got it all “connected” according to the test, but didn’t do what it was supposed. It isn’t clear at all from a noobs perspective. To not have actual voice contact is kind of a major let down;p. This can be resolved over some simple human conversation that doesn’t exist in business anymore ;p. I’m sure its easy once you really learn this stuff.  Everything I watch, doesn’t relate to what I see in my drop downs. I have a login email that the information goes to, then automatically goes to the IMAP email (chris@site.com) but its hard to explain all this stuff when I don’t even understand the basics when it is combining with this zap stuff. Very frustrating and wasting a lot of time with it.