Question

How to filter for different products in Stripe

• 10 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm Giuseppe and I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable user of Zapier. I have the same request expressed in this thread:

I have several payment links on Stripe linked to different products but in some cases with the same price. Setting the trigger event as "New Payment" I can't filter or create paths based on the product in any way. It seems that Zapier doesn't recognize data such as the product name, description or some metadata that we have entered as tags. Is there any way to perform this operation?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Giuseppe

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @epiCura 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action as step 2: Stripe - Find Charge

You may also need to use a Lookup Table with your Stripe Payment Links:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @epiCura, how did adding the Find Charge action work out for you? Let us know if you have any questions on the Lookup Table, I know it can be a bit tricky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Wanted to swing by here quickly to share the workaround @jcgu24 has suggested here:

That workaround uses the Checkout Session Completed (Stripe) trigger instead of the New Payment (Stripe) trigger. And would give you a product ID or product description that you could then use a Filter by Zapier action to check for.

Hope that workaround helps! 🙂