Best answer

How to Extract Shopify metafields to be used on a Google Docs file

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Beginner
  • 16 replies

I am trying to integrate Product Metafields from items ordered from my shopify Store and would like to use certain lines from the metafields going to a Google Docs file. Any guide online I can check for this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 May 2022, 11:34

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @KWF 

Here’s a tutorial on how to do it with Google sheet, should give you an idea on how to map certain data: https://zapier.com/blog/save-shopify-orders-google-sheet/

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @KWF 

Here’s a tutorial on how to do it with Google sheet, should give you an idea on how to map certain data: https://zapier.com/blog/save-shopify-orders-google-sheet/

This doesn’t cover the tutorial for extracting the Metafields of the Product. Is there any guide for that?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I guess the question is - if we create either product or variant metafields on our store, after a customer orders, will those fields be available through to be accessed through Zapier when we try to pass the product-level order details through a Zap we create?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @KWF! The Shopify integration doesn’t currently support metadata, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to add metadata to Shopify triggers and actions and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear Zapier community

I am moving my store from Webflow to Shopify and am trying to perform the following actions:

• automatically post a product from mySQL database → all good
  • automatically populate metafields for the product from mySQL database → problem

I can see that populating metafield is not an option on the shopify action integration. It wasn’t the case for custom fields either on Webflow, but I was still about to do so using the PATCH webhook on Zapier (ref here). 

This is critical to my operations. Does anybody know if I can put a similar system in place for Shopify?

Thanks a lot

Elsa

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @stylebase! Great question. I hope you don’t mind - I merged your comment into the main thread.

Sorry to say we don’t have an official workaround to offer at the moment. I did go ahead and add your vote to this feature request though. We’ll keep you and the topic updated if anything changes. 🙂

Thanks again for flagging this in Community! 

plz we need this 

Request for this also - we need to be able to update customer metadata, and access product metadata within Zaps.

Badge

+1

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Naw @michaelmills @Cameron 

I’ve added you all for this feature request, and we’ll email each one of you if there is any update regarding this request. Thanks

Hey, I also need this feature as i want to access the Product Variant Metafield 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @chris_PAbloo 

I’ve added you for this feature request and we’ll send you an email once this feature request is available. Thanks!

Badge

Thanks @jammer.solijon 

Please include me in any updates as well

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Cameron 

I’ve added you for this feature request and we’ll send you an email once this feature request is available. Thanks!

+1 for the feature request! We’ve found a great app that has revolutionised the customer account section in Shopify, and they do have metafield integration. 

If I could get my zap connecting with my customer metafields, I’d be very pleased!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Futurephonic 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once this feature is available. Thanks!

+1 for accessing metafields in Shopify.

@Futurephonic, what app are you using that has metafield integration in shopify? I would love to know!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @teedit 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once this feature is available. Thanks!

Hi @Futurephonic 

Are there any updates on this? We get tonnes of customer emails that would be solved in a second if this functionality was finally added.

Many thanks!

+1 for this as well

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Fandiem 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

@Futurephonic 
Sorry but we don’t have any update as of the moment. But we’ll keep you update via email once there’s any changes.

Hi  @jammer.solijon 

+1 for this feature. It would save us hours of work.

Any updates on this yet? The latest comment before mine is 3 months old.

I need this feature as well. Pleas let me know when it becomes available.

Desperately need this. +1

please add me too!