Best answer

How to embed user-specific iframes in tableau into custom dashboards in Memberstack?

• 21 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I am using Webflow and need to be able to embed user-specific iframes from tableau into the custom user dashboards I set up using Memberstack.  I’m wondering if it’s possible to treat the embed code as a custom attribute and have it load in an embed on the page template or is there some other way to use Zapier to do this. What I mean is, trigger new user when someone signs up in Webflow and then once new user/returning user navigates to their specific page, there are tableau iframes for their specific . I’m aware that a separate sign in for tableau will be needed, I just need to make sure I can use custom iframes and not have the same iframe for all users.  

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 July 2022, 16:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @gackerman! Happy to explore what’s possible here. What would be helpful is thinking through this workflow in the form of triggers and actions. Looking at the following app pages (which include all available triggers and actions) can you tell me which you are hoping to use in this workflow? From there, we can dive deeper into whether it’s possible to grab the specific data you’re after to get to your desired outcome. 

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your reply! We generated and are storing the tableau iframe embed codes (two per user, both user specific) in a google sheet for now, though this may not be the best place for them depending on what you say. Of course they are also in Tableau, but my assumption is that given there is no direct integration that the Google Sheet is good for now. 

The iframes are organized on our end by user as each user is already provided a unique api key (stored in google sheet) upon sign up -- this has been done with a Zap that is triggered by sign up and then updates in memberstack the member profile data so that the user can access the key in their dashboard. When a new user signs up we want this to also trigger the iframe code to be added to the new users dashboard. Originally, I thought I could follow the same process as the API zap, but that doesn’t seem to be the case since Webflow embeds don’t seem to be capable of being customized with a div attribute.

Let me know if this makes sense

Gina

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your reply! We generated and are storing the tableau iframe embed codes (two per user, both user specific) in a google sheet for now, though this may not be the best place for them depending on what you say. Of course they are also in Tableau, but my assumption is that given there is no direct integration that the Google Sheet is good for now. 

The iframes are organized on our end by user as each user is already provided a unique api key (stored in google sheet) upon sign up -- this has been done with a Zap that is triggered by sign up and then updates in memberstack the member profile data so that the user can access the key in their dashboard. When a new user signs up we want this to also trigger the iframe code to be added to the new users dashboard. Originally, I thought I could follow the same process as the API zap, but that doesn’t seem to be the case since Webflow embeds don’t seem to be capable of being customized with a div attribute.

Let me know if this makes sense

Gina

@jesse I forgot to tag you in the above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gackerman!

I’m not super familiar with Webflow so I’m not sure if I have all the context for this, but I’ll do my best 😅

It is possible to use Zapier to create (or update) an Item in a Collection, so I know that you can fill in any fields that you have for an item but I’m not sure how this would work for things like iframe embeds. If you’d like to try this, add a Create Item (or Create Live Item, depending on your needs) step in your Zap and have a look at the fields that you can see when you choose the options to create an item on the relevant site/collection. If it looks like you will be able to add the iframe embed code where you need it, then can add a Lookup Spreadsheet Row step to the Zap to find the information for a specific user in your Google Sheet. 

I hope that helps, let us know if you were able to figure this one out! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @gackerman! Just circling back here! Were you able to find success with Danvers’ suggestion? How else can we lend a hand with this one? Let us know!

Hey @jesse and @Danvers I did do this, thanks! it at least gave me an interim solution using just the links, I have to talk to Webflow about whether I can get the iframes in there though, it’s specific to webflow, but the functionality via zapier is covered. Thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @gackerman wonderful! Thank you for letting us know. 🙂 If anything else comes up, feel free to create a new topic and we’d be happy to lend a hand!