Best answer

How to distinguish different payment links from Stripe

Hi all,

can you confirm the information in

https://community.zapier.com/topic/show?tid=9280&fid=3

I
would really like to ensure that it will work. Don’t want to go onto a paid plan and then still not be able to distinguish the different stripe products.

Thanks
Vanessa

PS: In my case I am creating contacts in Sendinblue and sending automated mails for purchases made via Stripe on my Webflow page.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 22:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Vanessa Sonntag 

Good question.

You can configure and test your Zaps manually using the Zapier free plan to ensure the Zaps will meet your needs.

Hi Troy,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Do I have to do something specifically to get into a test mode?

I am currently on a free plan already and the available triggers for Stripe are very limited. I do not see any option to select payments for a specific product only. The interface seems to send only information on the client and the payment. Nothing on the product.

I would like to know if this is different with any of the paid plan?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Vanessa

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Vanessa Sonntag 

For context, some Zap triggers offer field options for further filtering the returned data, but many do not and thus there is a need for a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap.

Multi-step Zaps will require a Zapier paid plan.

Hi Troy,

thanks again. :)

How can I find out upfront what data is being returned, i.e. what will I be able to filter if I pay? Or is it the same data which I can see already now?

Is there a way to find out if doing specific actions based on a payment for a specific product in Stripe is possible?

Thanks!
Vanessa

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Vanessa Sonntag

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

You can configure and test your Zaps manually using the Zapier free plan to ensure the Zaps will meet your needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Vanessa Sonntag! How are things going here? Were you able to get your filter configured to do what you need here or are you still running into trouble? Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For context, some Zap triggers offer field options for further filtering the returned data, but many do not and thus there is a need for a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap.

Multi-step Zaps will require a Zapier paid plan.

Hi friends, Troy brought up some great recommendations!

I also wanted to mentions users can access a free 14-day premium trial! This gives users access to all the premium apps and is similar to Zapier’s Professional plan, but with fewer tasks and no autoreplay feature. Hopefully it’ll give you a better idea on if upgrading will have the features you need. 🙂

Read a bit more on what the trial offers here:

I hope this helps! 

Thanks for getting back!

Unfortunately I have not been able to.
The API just seems not to contain the data, hence I could also not imagine how to filter for it.

I am currently investigation other solutions which do not involve Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Vanessa Sonntag!

I’m sorry that Zapier doesn’t work for you for this use case. Just to be super clear - the information that you get from testing a trigger wont change based on your Zapier plan type. A free account receives the same information with a trigger as a Teams plan would. 

It sounds like the information you needed from Stripe wasn’t coming through when you tested the Zap, is that right? Could you confirm which trigger you were using and what information you need? That should let me double check things for you!