Best answer

How to delay pulling data or refresh it after it’s been pulled in Notion?

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently using zapier to create new database entries on Notion, pulling data from another database on notion.

Problem
When a new database item is created in mi first Notion database a tag is added AFTER the new item is created. SO when the zap fires the new item does not have the tag assigned yet. I created a delay in the zap, but I do not know how to tell zapier to refresh the lead data to check for the new tag AFTER the item is created. SO when the zap fires the new lead does not have tag yet therefore mya zap doesn’t run. I created a delay in the zap, but I do not know how to tell zapier to refresh the lead data to check for the new tag. 

Its a similiar problem to the one answered in this next post, but I couldn’t solve it in this case.

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 22 November 2022, 19:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@academiakilimo Brilliant, thanks so much for letting us know and I’m happy that the community was able to help :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the quick replies! problem solved using the FIND step, as mentioned.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @academiakilimo - checking in on how you’re doing with your notion question. Looks like both suggestions above deal with the “Find” step to act as a delay; did that help you in your quest? 

Please let us know either way, and we’re here to help. 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 1

Hello @academiakilimo 

You can make use of Find an item step from Notion after the delay to look for updated information 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @academiakilimo 

The only way to do so is to add a Find Database Item in Notion Action after the Delay so you can get the refreshed data. 

Hope this helps.