Best answer

How to create a Zap that sends a weekly report by email (need guidance in easiest way to extract weekly data)

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Good Morning,

I am new to Zapier (loving it) and trying to get some new zaps set up.  I want to automate a weekly report that I send to one of my clients.

I am clear on how to schedule the email from Zapier.  I want to include the report data I gather in my Notes app during the week but can’t find a way to insert text data from there.  I can only see an option to add an attachment but it would be a different attachment that I need to send each week.

Is there a way to insert text data into the email body itself?  What would be the easiest way to do that?

Thanks for your help

Dee 

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 10 December 2020, 13:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @deeisfordigital ,

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve, but it seems like you want to add dynamic text within some email body every week. To do this, you can use different approaches:

• Every week, use the Schedule by Zapier and look into some data from a spreadsheet. You can then use a Google Spreadsheet to insert your dynamic email text
  • Or, instead of a schedule use some trigger that acts on a new row within a Google Spreadsheet. Then every time you add the dynamic text in a new row, it will use this text and start the automation

Hope this helps you! let me know if you have any other questions

~Bjorn

Thank you Bjorn that’s very helpful.  Dee x

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Let me know if it works @deeisfordigital  and mark as answered please ;) Maybe it can help others if you get it working. 

~Bjorn

You inspired me to do it a bit differently. I just created a link to the report on Google Drive and inserted it in the email so they always have access to the latest info.