Best answer

How to create a subtask in ClickUp from JotForm

• 1 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m starting out with a JotForm submission which includes a multiple choice field. A new form submission is then sent to ClickUp to create a new task. I then need to get the multiple choice fields entered into that ClickUp task as subtasks. 

What I’ve tried so far is connecting JotForm and ClickUp. A new submission = new task. That’s working. Then I add a filter condition for JotForm. If the multiple choice field response = Cat. What I’m tripping on then is the next step for this zap: 

How do I create the subtask field for the task that was JUST created so I can add that multiple choice field into it as a subtask? 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 8 February 2021, 17:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nikkiskennels 

For Parent Task, you are passing in the name of the task when I believe you need to pass in the ID. Once the task is created in step 2, it should return an ID. 

When you go to create the subtask, you can choose a custom option and place in the ID field that was returned in step 2. 

Let me know if that fixes your issue!

Thanks,

Tim @GetUWired

Userlevel 1

@GetUWired  you are a lifesaver!!   It worked :)   One of those simple answers you couldn’t quite get…    Thank you so much!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmmm… @nikkiskennels would you mind sharing a screenshot of your set up? 

Userlevel 1

I’m having a problem creating a subtask, same expl as yours.   Task created from jotform entry...  mine says:  

Parent not child of list

But it’s using the same data entry from jotform…   eveything matches up, parent is a child of the list… so I’m confused. 

Userlevel 1

I added a delay recently to see if it would help:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nikkiskennels 
Always happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ReadingItLater 

You would need to use ClickUp’s Create Subtask action passing in the ID of the task that was just created. This can be done using the custom option when inputting data. If your zap needs to create multiple Subtasks, you may need to use Zapier’s new feature Looping by Zapier immediately before subtask action to allow the subtask action to repeat for multiple subtasks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ReadingItLater 

Here’s info about the Looping by Zapier app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help