Best answer

How to create a shopify product with multiple variants?

• 30 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I see there was an older feature request post about a year ago indicating there was no way to add variants when creating a product using the Shopify connector.  Currently, there is now way to add variants when creating a product but there is a create variant action.  

The questions are 1) Are there any Shopify connector examples to create a product with variants? 2) The variant action does not have a way to add values to the variants.  How to add values to variants?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 October 2022, 12:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Reactive, welcome to the Community!

Could I ask a couple of questions? I want to make sure that I’ve understood what you need to know. 

1) Are there any Shopify connector examples to create a product with variants?

Do you mean: are there any other actions for the Shopify integration in Zapier that will create product variants or do you mean are there any other apps out there (ie not Zapier) that will do it? 

There isn’t another Shopify action in Zapier that will allow you to create a product variant, but there are actions that allow you to update variants and to update the inventory quantity of a variant. 

2) The variant action does not have a way to add values to the variants.  How to add values to variants?

Could you clarify what you mean by values? You can specify the price of a variant using the Create Variant action, was there a different field that you wanted to add?

Thanks!

Thank you for your response.

1. “There isn’t another Shopify action in Zapier that will allow you to create a product variant, but there are actions that allow you to update variants and to update the inventory quantity of a variant.”
    1. We need an action to create variants for products.  Many products have variants, for example, size and/or color.  Is there a workaround for this?
  2. “Could you clarify what you mean by values? You can specify the price of a variant using the Create Variant action, was there a different field that you wanted to add?”

1. Yes, variants have values, for example, the variant color could have values like red, green, and blue. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your reply, @Reactive 

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to create a product variant with those kinds of fields, I’m sorry about that. We do have a feature request open for this and I can see that the Support Team have already added you to that as an interested user. 

I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you today!