Best answer

How to create a Shopify order through Typeform

When an employee onboards with a company, we have them fill out a Typeform survey choosing different products they would like as an onboarding gift. For example, one question will ask what color shirt they want and the next will ask what size. I would like to use this form to automatically create an order through Shopify, but I can’t seem to find a way to do so. Does anyone have any experience on how I can create a three to four product order this way?

icon

Best answer by jesse 11 July 2022, 21:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

hello @Hyrum Jackson 

Yes you can do. Just create a Trigger on Typeform with New Entry as the Trigger and Action as Create New Order in Shopify as shown in the image below.

Try this and let me know if you still issue.

This looks great! Then my question would be how can I add multiple products using line items? I’m struggling to understand how I can add more than one product.

The other issue is that some of the products in one Typeform question has another question, but others don’t. For example, in some cases, they’ll choose a waterbottle with no variants, when another would choose a shirt which does have a variant (size or color). How can I set this up to choose certain products based on this logic?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Hyrum Jackson you need make to use of Paths for different conditions to create orders.

Also we have to look at workarounds like using Airtable that might make the automations much simpler.

Overall it seems to me that you are trying to build a bit complex zap.

Building this kind of automation requires testing and figuring out workarounds to achieve what you are trying to.

If you any plans to hire and get this automation built then please message me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Hyrum Jackson just wanted to check in here! I wanted to confirm @Satya09’s suggestion is the correct way to go about this:

hello @Hyrum Jackson 

Yes you can do. Just create a Trigger on Typeform with New Entry as the Trigger and Action as Create New Order in Shopify as shown in the image below.

Try this and let me know if you still issue.

As for your follow-up questions, if your form contains multiple products and Shopify is expecting data to be in a line-item format, you can utilize our Formatter app to convert text into line items: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps

In regards to selecting different products based on data in your form, @Satya09 is also correct in that Path’s are likely a good option to explore: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-branching-logic-to-zaps-with-paths

I also want to make sure I am clear on your workflow. Is it that someone can select multiple products from Typeform, then you need to associate those products with a product in Shopify, and then you need to create the order containing all products? This could be a bit tricky to set up, if so. I’d also love to hear more about why you are utilizing a Typeform to collect this information rather than a Shopify store. 

Let us know - this is an interesting one to work through!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Hyrum Jackson, I’d love to know if you were able to set up your Zap/s the way that you needed to. Did you find a solution that worked for you?