Best answer

How to connect a PROGRESS (local) database with Zapier?

I have an ERP that works with the Progress database. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas, connectors or tools that act as an intermediary to extract information and manipulate it with Zapier.

Any ideas, help or tool name?

Grateful.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 July 2022, 19:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @nmanma!

I looked at Progress’ help docs and found this page on connecting to a local database, but I have to admit that it’s a bit beyond my technical understanding.

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t an existing integration that would allow you to connect Zapier to a locally hosted Progress server. If you were able to find a way to build a connection to the server that would allow you to send and receive webhooks, or if you could build a simple API for it, that would allow you to connect the database to Zapier. I hope that helps!

Thanks for your answer, "Progress" is a database like "SQL" (let's say it's the competition). However, as I mentioned in the previous message, it is not a cloud database that returns a URL, it is a LOCAL database that works on a LOCAL server, and I do not understand how it can connect to Zapier or similar somewhere. call request (local database connect to a cloud service)

Think of the exercise of trying to connect (local) SQL with Zapier. This would be the same but using the "Progress" database.

Grateful for your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @nmanma For sure! Is the Progress database a SQL database? If so, accessing it using one of our SQL apps might be an option! The other option would be to see if Progress is able to send data to a webhook, as we can send/receive data with your Zap in that way.

If not, we would be happy to add a feature request for Progress on your behalf. Are you able to send us the URL of the Progress database website so we’re sure we’re requesting the correct service? Let us know!

Hi, thank you for you answer. The existing applications that they are using are "Kissflow" and "Progress" local database. Perhaps there is a connector out there to be able to extract things like customer data (saved in "Progress") or some similar specific data.

Grateful for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @nmanma! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉

Do you mind elaborating a bit more on what you need from this tool and the existing apps you’re using?

It helps sometimes to think of Zapier and zaps in terms of triggers and actions - “When this happens, then do that”. Once you’ve determined those outcomes I might recommend checking out our app directory! We support thousands of apps and they’re all categorized for you in there, depending on your needs. 

I hope this helps! Keep us posted. 🙂