Best answer

How to automatically add files into the correct folder in Box from SmartSheet?

• 3 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi All! 

My organization uses SmartSheet to track projects and collaborate. What we want to do is use Box as a document recepticle so that we can stop relying so heavily on email. What this means is that we want updates in SmartSheet to be reflected in Box, and viceversa. 

Ideally it would look like the following actions and triggers: 

• Rows Added to SmartSheet → Folder created in Box. 
    • This is a Zapier that I was able to successfully create. Where I’m running into problems is the below: 
  • Files added to row in SmartSheet → Files added to folder in Box with the same name

The reason we don’t want to link through Box directly is because we’re dealing with hundreds of files for dozens of organizations daily, and the Box integration through SmartSheet requires you to go down the folder path to choose the folder you want. We’re hoping this Zap will be able to auto-add files to the appropriate folders since we don't really reference the folders at present, but for documentation sake would be good to have in one place. 

Does anyone have any insight on how to create this Zap? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 February 2021, 01:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aliviac 

Probably best to have another column in the SmartSheet that gets updated as Step 3 in Zap 1 with the ID of the Box Folder that was created.

Then when a New Attachment is added to the Row, Zap 2 can use that data point to dynamically add files to the designated folder in Box.

Or you can add a search step to Zap 2 to find the Box Folder before uploading the files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@aliviac 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?