Question

How do I update Company and Person Category fields in Scoro via Zapier without updating the required Name fields

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I'd like to update some Person record information to match their corresponding Company in Scoro (our CRM), whenever a Company is added or updated. The information I want to update is a namely a Category custom field we have against the company, I’d like the Person category record to always match the company category.

I have my Trigger set up as New or Updated Company.

I have then set my Action as Create or Update Person.

However when looking to update the Person record with information from the Company Record, Zapier requires you to update the First and Last Name of the Person, but I don’t want these to change and there appears to be no way to pull through the existing First and Last Name of the Person…

Any ideas how I can acheive what I need?

Thanks in advance :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Sadly this won’t work, as Companies and People are connected using an ID, so the company stores the IDs of all the relevant people. It’s a shame it doesn’t work this way as it’s a pretty standard data relationship!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @epixzoe, welcome to the Community! 

Does the New or Updated Company trigger (assuming that’s the trigger you’re using?) give an email address for the person you’re looking to update? 

If so, you could potentially add in a Find Person action before the Create or Update Person action. That way the Zap could search for the existing person using their email address to find their name. Then in the Create or Update Person action you’d select the relevant fields that contain the existing first and last name for the person (from the Find Person action). 

Do you think that approach could work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @epixzoe,

Regarding the required fields (First and Last names), it would be best to contact our Support team and have them create a feature request (FR) on your behalf. In the context of updating a person, those fields should not be mandatory. My hunch tells me that they are marked as required only for the purpose of creating a person and should not be mandatory when updating an existing one.

Userlevel 1

So this is where I’ve got to - I can pull in the company ID, which I assume (based on my other Scoro zaps) will match the person so the company ID - great.

However, Zapier is requiring me to enter a first name and last name… but the only options here are to hard-code a name, or pull in details from the company. Neither are relevant, I don’t want to update the first and last name and there is no option to select the existing first and last name… (see second screen shot)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@epixzoe I believe you may be able to try mapping this over using the ID. Are you able to see if this is a field that can be mapped using the action step Sam suggested?