Best answer

How do I trigger on a record entering a view on Airtable when the old trigger is deprecated?

I have several zaps that are triggered by a record entering a view on Airtable. This trigger seems to have been deprecated, and now only allows triggers by creating new views and when a record is updated. This causes serious workflow issues for me, is there something I can do to bring back the old trigger?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 May 2022, 17:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ProdCrew! I just wanted to pop in and see if Troy’s tips helped to get ya on the right track? We’d love to know. 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ProdCrew 

You can achieve the desired behavior with this Zap trigger: Airtable New/Updated Record

Make sure to select the desired View for the field: Limit to View

The key is to add a new Last Modified field in the Airtable Base Table that only watches for a specific field to change, which should be a field that would not change while the record is in the View.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ProdCrew 

Good question.

Here’s a workaround, use an Airtable Automation with this trigger: When a record enters a view

Then, reference this help article for how to trigger the Zap