Question

How do I sync a client's Airtable task to my Todoist project board?

• 13 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello! 

I have created a Zap linking my Airtable and Todist. I would like to synch these two so that my client can create a task in their Airtable and it will show up in my todoist project board I have setup for them.

It seems that I have it connected when I test but it going into the today inbox and not there project board. Also it only works with test and not when I actually create an Airtable record.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @CrayCray , 

a few things you should consider: 

1. You are limiting the zap to the Grid View in Airtable, there might be a filter in that view so it wont let the zap trigger. I would remove the View or at least make sure there are no filters that prevent new records from triggering the zap
  2. Unless you want Modified Records to update Todist, I would change the trigger event to New Record instead of New or Updated Record

This is a great source to troubleshoot the Airtable not triggering  https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-airtable#a-row-was-added-to-my-airtable-view-but-its-not-triggering-my-zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @CrayCray! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this rolling?

Let us know! 🤗