Best answer

How do I set up my Zap to stop sending emails to prospects once they have joined my Facebook group?

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I am a beginer with Zapier.

I use system.io to create my tunnels. I am curently using the facebook Group plugin to invite my prospects to join my group through an e-mail sequence. However, I would like to stop sending e-mail to prospects once they have join my group on facebook. meaning once they have clicked on the Join group Button

I was wondering how I can achieve this using Zapier. I have read a bit about facebook integration but can’t really see how I can go about this. 

Please help !

Regards

Olivier 

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @okameni 

Good question.

There is no Facebook Groups Zap action available for button click.

https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-groups/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @okameni! Just coming in here to confirm that Troy is correct, we don’t currently have a trigger for new group joins but we do have an open feature request for it. I have added your email address as a vote and if/when it becomes available, we’ll both email you and we’ll update this thread with any news in the meantime to keep those following along in the loop.

I did want to be transparent in that it may take awhile before we see something like this implemented as it doesn’t appear to be supported in Facebook’s API quite yet: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v4.0/group

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I wanted to swing by here with a quick update on the Facebook Groups app

As a result of the upcoming changes to the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier will be no longer usable from April 22, 2024.

Any zaps using Facebook Groups triggers or actions are expected to stop working on that day. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🧡