Question

How do I send an email when a new contact is created in Rex?

• 23 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am trying to send an email when I create a contact in Rex but It is always asking for a specific existing contact whereas I want the email to go out when a contact is created, can you help please?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Paul1710 

Could you kindly send a screenshot of how you have set up the Zap so far? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Userlevel 1

HI, thank you for your reply, I think that may be the case but how do check that? I have done the steps as you have laid out above, so its where i get to the contact recipient that I am confused

Its says

Contact ID (Recipient)1 2 3

(rex logo) Email: (and then here is the name that it keeps populating) 

So this name that its populating is just a test? As Did try this but the name when I go to test it says its a different name to the one its pulled through and on a do no contact list - ive tried to set it up so the test contact is me.

Thank you so much for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paul1710 -

Can you please provide some more details about your Zap? What app are you using for emails and what does your current set up look like? 

If I were to set up this Zap I would use, Contact Created as my trigger for Rex and Send Email as my Action using Gmail. 

Is it possible what you are seeing is the sample pulled for setting up & testing your Zap, and not necessarily the email it will send to every time? Unless you are typing in the email address to use (static entry), your dynamic selection from mapping your fields will pull whatever email was used in the creation of the contact. 

Let me know if there’s questions on this!