Best answer

How do I send a Slack channel message with a ClickUp task URL when creating a new ClickUp task?

• 25 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

This might be a stupid question but I can’t figure it out.

We want an automated Slack channel message when a new Clickup task is created. Which works fine, all good. But we also want to include the Clickup task url in this message.

With the trigger “New Task in ClickUp” the task url is not included in the fields. It also doesn’t pop up with the “Find task” action. 

So how do we get the task url from Clickup for this simple automation?

icon

Best answer by SamB 25 May 2023, 15:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! That’s awesome news, @Anubis! I’m so pleased to hear that did the trick! 😁🎉

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB 

Wow I did not think of that! Tried it this way and it worked 😍

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @Anubis!

It’s not a stupid question at all! You’re right I took a look at a test sample for ClickUp and I’m not seeing a url for the task. I wonder if you could put one together using the information that is provided though?

Looking at ClickUp’s documentation it seems that the task ID goes at the end of the task url: Task IDs in a task's URL so I’m thinking you could type in the url and select the task ID from the ClickUp trigger to get the url for the task. For example:

5e4f9a468400304e8fb02df1c0fc18bf.png
Now, what I couldn’t find in ClickUp’s documentation was an explanation of what the other id numbers that appear in the URL relate to. If I had to guess I suspect the format is: 

https://app.clickup.com/[SPACEID]/[LISTID]/t/[TASKID]

If you take a look at the url for one of the tasks in your ClickUp account and compare that with the IDs for the space and list that the task is in that should help to confirm whether my guess is correct. If correct then you’d just need to update the url from the example shown above to have the relevant ids and that should get it creating the task URLs to send to Slack.

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that works as hoped? Look forward to hearing from you! 🙂