Best answer

How do I name an attachment that is downloaded from Gmail to Google Drive?

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

we receive invoices as attachments to our gmail emails.  I have created a “with new attachment” zap to move these attachments to a google shared drive as individual files (not zipped files).  This zap is working just fine for us. We sometimes receive an email with an attachment that needs to be paid immediately.  These emails have the word “urgent” in the subject line.  The problem that I am having is that I would like these attachments to have the word “urgent” in front of the original name of the attachment when it is downloaded to our shared drive….example - we receive the attachment ABC123 in our gmail account….when it is downloaded to google shared drive I want it named urgentABC123.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 21 July 2020, 01:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kriley!

You should be able to either type text in this box, or map a field from the Gmail step:

If you leave that box blank then the name of the original file will be used in Google Drive as well. Can you give that a shot to see if it works out for you :)