Best answer

How do I make the Notion database save only the first tweet in a thread?

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Once I wrote threads including 3 tweets, zapier makes 3 items in notion database. I just want to only the first tweet of thread to be saved in the Notion database.

Any idea or solution? 😭

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 August 2022, 16:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

When I use “In Reply To User ID” with “does not exist”, it works!

Thanks for saving my time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @geonoo, great question!

Zapier reads threads as separate tweets, so it will trigger on each tweet in the thread. I wonder if there’s a way we can work around this?

You need a Filter by Zapier step, which will stop the Zap continuing if certain conditions are met. The hard part is finding a field in the Twitter data that tells you if the post is part of a thread. I looked at some sample data and I can see that there a ‘In Reply to User ID’ field in the data:

You’ll need to check this, but I suspect that if a tweet is part of a thread it will say that the tweet is in reply to the original author (ie you are replying to yourself). If that is the case, you can add a filter step so that the Zap will only continue if the ‘In Reply to User ID’ field IS NOT your twitter ID. Note that this is your twitter ID, not your twitter username. 

Do you think that would work for you?