Best answer

How do I fill out theGoogle Analytics “Source” and “Medium” without overriding the actual source/medium?

• 21 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello! I have zoom connected to Google Analytics through Zapier. When we set up the zap it asks us to fill our “Event Category”, “Event Action” and “Event Label” for the goal— totally understand that. However, it also asks us to fill out the “Source” and “Medium” which overrides the actual source/medium that brought a user to Zoom in the first place. 

Is there a way to show the real source/mediums in Google Analytics while still using this zap from Zoom to Google Analytics? 

Another way to word this question is, how can I attribute credit to paid ads if the source/medium defaults to the same channel for every registration in Google Analytics with the Zoom to Analytics zap set up?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Satya09 22 April 2022, 20:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @SSymoens 

Source/Medium are not required fields and you can keep them empty.Refer to the screenshot below.