Best answer

How do I delete calendar event based on value in a google sheet column?

• 7 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

I am struggling with building an automation that will save me a lot of time and make my life easier and it would be great if you could help me out.

Here's what I have to work with:

We have a shared calendly for our team, where people can schedule meetings with us and they get randomly assigned to a member of the team, round robin style. Because the calendly is shared and not created by me, I can't connect it to any other apps. It is connected to my Google Calendar though, but the format & content of the Calendar event created cannot be edited. It looks like the screenshot attached.

Also, when they schedule the event in Calendly, they get an email with a Typeform survey to fill in, with 3 questions: name, email, and a requires Yes/No question. 

This info goes into a Google Sheet - a new row is created for each Typeform entry, so for my example in the screenshot, the Google Sheet would have Alex test in column A, alextest@gmail.com in column B and (let's say) No in column C.

Now, what I want to do is:

Screenshot_20191206-174454.pngScreenshot_20191206-174454.png

1. For the email included in the Calendar Event Description (alextest@gmail.com), check if it also is in the Google Sheet.

2. If the email is in the Google Sheet, check the corresponding value in column C.

3. If the corresponding value in column C for that email is No, then:

4. Delete the event from my Calendar.

5. Send an email to that email address.

I hope what I'm trying to do is clear enough, but if you need more info, do let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 7 December 2019, 18:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu

That worked, thank you so much!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @alexam

So, this should be totally possible.

You'll need to start by creating a "Google Calendar->New Event"-triggered zap.

Next, you'll use a "Formatter->Text->Extract Email" step to get the email address you need from the event description.

You can then use that as the search value in a "Google Sheet->Find Row" step.

Then, add a filter step to see whether the returned row has a value of "No" in column C.

The end of the zap would then be a "Google Calendar->Delete Event" step, followed by an email step using which ever email app you wish (including the built in "Email by Zapier" step if you want).

I hope that makes sense? Let us know if you've got any questions.