Best answer

How do I create an event on Google Calendar based on the value from Formatter?

• 28 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am trying to create a google calendar event bud the date ov the event is dependant on the data that returns from the Formatter step.

For example if the day of the week that returns from the formatter is “sunday” than i want the event date to be thursday (the last business day in my time zone)

but if the formatter returns “wednsday” than the event date should be tuesday  (the last business day in my time zone).

is that possible?

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 June 2022, 00:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Konimbo and for anyone following along! I am going to sum up some of the suggestions on this thread, for anyone looking to implement something similar in their workflow:

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Add/Subtract Time to adjust Dates.

You may also need to use a Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table to translate Sunday to +4d to get Thursday.

I think you may need some conditional logic also, like an “if event lands on Wednesday run this formatter step, if event lands on Sunday run a different one.” Maybe paths would also be needed in conjunction with formatter 🤔 I am curious to see what we can come up with! 🙂

Best of luck! We’re here if you have any follow-up questions!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Konimbo! Were you able to add in the step for adding/subtracting time like Troy mentioned? I’m not sure if that would solve your issue entirely. I think you may need some conditional logic also, like an “if event lands on Wednesday run this formatter step, if event lands on Sunday run a different one.” Maybe paths would also be needed in conjunction with formatter 🤔 I am curious to see what we can come up with! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Konimbo 

Good question.

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Add/Subtract Time to adjust Dates.

You may also need to use a Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table to translate Sunday to +4d to get Thursday.